So in our attempt at starting our family blog, life happened and the blog went to the wayside. The effort will be started once again, hopefully this time it will come to fruition. Danny and I are getting ready to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary later this month! Boy the time has flown by. Hopefully that's a good sign - haha. I can definitely say I love that boy more today than I did when we first got married. We were both young, dumb, and in deep likeness when we took our vows. Looking back on it, we know we stepped into this thing way too fast, but we're so very happy we did it. We have grown tremendously over this last decade and hope the next ten years will find us growing closer to one another as we become closer to our Savior.
Danny has been with his job for the last three and a half years---which is significant progress. It's been hard for him to find something he likes, but while he likes what he does, he says "it's not a job for an old man". He does tend to go for those positions with hard labor, sweat dripping from his brow. I'm glad I have a hard working husband. He really does his best to take care of me and provide for our needs---and wants. His goal right now is to finally finish up his HS diploma. While the reasons for his quitting HS were noble, he realizes now more than ever the limits of not finishing. He goes through his own internal struggle that only he can break out of and I can only encourage. Pray that he finds the will, strength, and determination to carry on. I know he can do..now he just needs to believe it!
My journey right now is finding myself enthralled with the gospel of Jesus Christ. While I have been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for 15 years, I have been inactive in my attendance and way of life much of that time. A year ago I started to attend church again and I have to admit, I missed it more than I even realized. The blessings that I've found from studying and learning, from being around other members to uplift my soul, and praying more regularly as well as serving others has been astounding. It surely is true that if you are having a bad day, simply be in the service of others and soon you will forget your sorrows. Our God is a good God, a loving God, and a very forgiving God. I thank Him repeatedly for the atoning sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ. It is by and through Him that each of us can return to live with our Heavenly Father for eternity. Now that, is the best news going.
Well - I do intend to try to keep up with this thing a little better. Hopefully I'll find the time--or make the time, I suppose.
Love to all-
Brandy & the Boy.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment